meditation sleep; market morning; swimming with kids

18 Aug

I did it again. On Saturday morning I stumbled out of warm bed to the beck of my alarm. Yes!…it was 5am. I could not find my dressing gown so I used Deane’s. I made my way to the ‘meditation chair’, and placed myself in position. And, in the proverbial… ‘all of a sudden’,it was six in the morning and I was freezing!. Deane’s dressing gown is cold cotton unlike my warm synthetic cuddly one. I (using a very un-zen-like naughty word), ran back to warm -bed-next -to- warm -body and slept like someones else’s baby till  I did not even get to meditate before the sleep monster got me.

After a day of driving miss Rosie to her hockey games I finally enjoyed a relaxed run in the dark cold winter night. I dont feel I am accomplishing great fitness goals at the moment. It is enough that I am actually out. My raw food way-of-life is going okay. We had a weekend of social eating so I did eat more cooked food than I would have liked to. I will not mention the cake.

On Sunday, Harry and I skipped out to the market at a very respectable 7.45am. I took a backpack with me this time-employed to carry 6 or 7 kilos of apples, 5kilos of citrus-with ease. Wellington put on a beautiful crisp morning with NO rain, (that began later in the day.) We gathered an abundance of greens and oranges and reds, filling three ecobags and the backpack. Harry munched on his apple danish which has become his pleasant habit on our market mornings. They sell them fresh off a trestle table. We then drove to Maranui cafe for our secret morning ritual. He had organic eggs, scrambled on sourdough toast and an apple juice. I had a soy latte, yes…cooked. They wont make fruit salad till summer when there is more fruit about unfortunately.  Harry enjoyed his and then we made our way home. Harry is very funny as he tells the story to Deane about our morning of notgoing to maranui for breakfast and how hungry he is now – not.

 When we arrived home and lugged  the foodstuff up the stairs, I created a fantastic fruit salad, sprinkled it generously with sunflower seeds and chopped dates and inhaled it. (I was very hungry.)

We organised the kids out the door and down to the pool. Deane swam laps for half an hour while I looked after the little ones. I mostly had her clinging to some part of my body while I bobbed in the warm water, directing my body to the screeches of,” look at me mum! look at meee…” . When I did look at them, they would disappear under. (!!!) Deane came to take his fun turn while I swam half an hour or so of laps. It felt great but not as satisfying as a run.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: